Product Specialist Intern
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Product Operations team fuels product quality and engagement by representing the voice of the user across all of Facebook’s platforms and products (iOS / Android, Messenger, Instagram, Web, Video, Search etc.). Your objective will be to develop a strategic plan to solve a key business problem and deliver against that plan to improve the experience of users on Facebook. Your contributions will have lasting significance by equipping the broader Product Operations team to deliver increased impact beyond the extent of your internship. You will be required to work with influential leaders across the company in Operations, Engineering, and Product Management, utilize a strong strategic mindset, leverage data to inform your positions, and navigate obstacles in a quickly-changing and ambiguous environment. This is a great team with a lot of energy and momentum. The position is for a full-time internship and based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Collaborate with members of the Product Operations team as well as Product Managers, Engineering Leads, Research, Marketing and Analytics to understand a key business problem
- Partner with those people to develop a structured, actionable project plan
- Analyze relevant data and effectively summarize insights
- Present findings, next steps, and impact clearly to company leaders
- Deliver against the plan in collaboration with teammates
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree with graduation dates between Dec. 2019-Aug. 2020
- Experience with meeting objectives without supervision
- Experience in a customer service or consumer-oriented environment
- Experience developing strategic solutions
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment, at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship/co-op