2019 Developer Summer Analyst - Whippany, NJ
Want to define The Next Reality?
Stand on the shoulders of the giants who’ve achieved some of the world’s biggest technological breakthroughs as a Developer Analyst this summer. At Barclays, we know technology is crucial to our success, so we foster a culture where innovation thrives. It’s why we invest as much – if not more – in technology than the world’s leading tech companies. It’s why we’ll invest so much in you if you join our award-winning team.
Real responsibility, right away
As a Developer, you’ll be the brains behind the design, installation, testing and maintenance of existing and new systems. This is more than playing around with code; you will be playing a critical role in finding innovative solutions to complex problems, for our clients and customers daily.
You’ll develop a solid understanding of the global markets and finance and make an impact right away. You’ll work in a varied and dynamic technical environment that includes Windows, Unix, C++, Java, C#, NoSql, MongoDB, Linux, Python, Hadoop, scripting languages, grid computing and real-time systems. You may:
- design and innovate products using the newest technologies
- provide an intelligence-led approach to cyber security
- develop intuitive user interfaces for applications
- optimize systems and applications
- analyze code to improve processes
- write scripts for data pulls and analysis
- work with business areas to understand and meet their needs.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. During the program, you’ll also:
· participate in formal and informal training
· connect with junior and senior mentors
· attend dedicated networking sessions and other program events
· receive detailed performance feedback
· give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Developer analysts after graduation.
To be considered for this program, you must:
· be currently pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree with anticipated completion between December 2019 - June 2020.
Ideally, you would also have:
· a GPA of 3.2 or above
· a computer science major (preferred)
· demonstrated skill and interest in programming languages, development tools, algorithms, systems design and architecture with the ability to act as a bridge between the business and technology solutions.
Ready to apply?
Please submit an application through Barclays’ online system. Then, submit your resume and cover letter through your school’s career management application system if required. Please note that you can apply to only one Barclays graduate program globally.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer and wholesale bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 80,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit joinus.Barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.